Automotive Technician (Fleet Mechanic) at Suburban Transportation
As an Automotive Technician at Suburban Transportation, you will be responsible for performing mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance on company fleet vehicles.
Automotive Technician (Fleet Mechanic) Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs on all fleet vehicles, including but not limited to: electrical systems, power train (engine & transmission replacement), braking system, suspension system, AC/heating systems, and minor auto bodywork.
- Perform basic, preventive maintenance inspections and service on vehicles in accordance with company and NYS DOT guidelines.
- Complete necessary documentation for all repairs and maintenance in the company computer system.
- Maintain parts inventory.
- Respond to road service calls when needed in a company vehicle.
- Maintain Garage equipment and keep the work area clean and organized.
- Remove snow from company areas as necessary.
- General building maintenance as necessary.
Automotive Technician (Fleet Mechanic) Qualifications
- 5+ years mechanic experience preferred.
- Demonstrate mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Organizational skills.
- Must have own hand tools.
- ASE certification preferred.
- Ability to take direction from Head Mechanic in prioritizing tasks.
Automotive Technician (Fleet Mechanic) Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, and 401k.
- Flexible work schedule; Full-Time, Part-Time, and various shifts available.
- In-house training and processes to streamline your day.
- Rewarding job helping others in need.
- Professional work environment.
Automotive Technician (Fleet Mechanic) Covid-19 Precautions
- We supply proper personal protective equipment.
- Masks, gloves, sanitizers, and disinfectants.
Suburban Transportation Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Apply today if you are a good fit for the Automotive Technician (Fleet Mechanic) position at Suburban Transportation.